Friday, July 23, 2010

Week's end

It's Friday already!

This morning was slow at the library. I was ecstatic that Njama came to visit, though. He came for about 15 minutes, in which we showed him our displays and discussed what we've been doing. The meeting was much too brief for my taste, especially after 7 weeks without seeing him! Apparently we'll probably see him next week during Ethelene's visit.

I spent quite some time looking for some good beginning typing freeware on the library's very slow dial-up connection, but couldn't seem to pull up a download. Not sure why.

I also replaced the "please do not reshelve" books that have been disintegrating all over the library. It looks much better now. I will never understand the globally universal tendency for patrons to incorrectly reshelve books instead of leaving them lazily out on the table like we want them to. It's a human behavior mystery.

Monday Ethelene will visit our home and work. I will need to make sure to leave nothing out--I know I'll be excited!

4 comments:

  1. Last year, our class found some free typing software and sent it to Dave and Sarah in Botswana. I'm not sure what happened to it. I'll ask William Straub if he remembers where he found the software.

    --Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! Hope your summer is going well, Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You too. I asked William. Hopefully he remembers. I think it was downloadable but I can't remember which library in Botswana used it!

    --Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sent it to Dave and Sarah, so Mmankgodi and Kopong should have had it.

    ReplyDelete