Friday, July 2, 2010

Time to teach!

Today I went in early and shelved and checked on my statistical project. I also did quite a bit of research and brainstorming about curriculum for the WordWorks classes. Max showed us a rough idea of the curriculum plan, and we had some criticisms of it, which didn't go all that well... We really want to stress that English should be made fun and practical, instead of school-like and abstract. Max has a really hard time wrapping his head around what that would look like...

Then we found out that we get to start teaching Monday! This is great news. We were hoping to start this week, and when Max said maybe next week, I was worried that it would just keep being put off. But he called the principal at the school and finally got her on the phone, and they're ready to go! I'm excited but nervous to begin teaching.

TGIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment